You are here
Amfi International Courses
Fashion is a serious business. The façade of luxury and glamour conceals a branch of industry in which there is plenty of hard work going on and where enormous financial interests are at stake. Are you creative, intelligent and do you have a passion for fashion? AMFI offers you a full-time, 4 year Bachelor Degree programme which forms a good basis for a successful career in the fashion industry. AMFI provides the only higher education in the Netherlands that teaches all facets of the fashion industry. You choose to specialise in either Fashion & Design, Fashion & Management or Fashion & Branding and graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Fashion Technology.
AMFI is situated in its own building on the Mauritskade in Amsterdam. The building was originally the headquarters of the Amstel Brewery and many of the original historic features remain in this listed building. However, being a fashion institute you can also find many modern features including the multimedia library, screen printing rooms, computer rooms, moulage rooms, fabric testing laboratory and a sewing room with modern industrial equipment.
- AMFI offers the only bachelor programme in the Netherlands which covers the entire fashion chain: from design and production to distribution and communication.
- International profile: AMFI is a member of the International Federation of Fashion Technology Institutes (IFFTI) and the International Apparel Federation (IAF).
- Projects integrating education and commercial practice: numerous partners including WE, Lectra, Woolmark, Amsterdam Fashion Week, McGregor, O’Neill, INTERSPORT and CoolCat.
- An extensive network of international internship companies, more than 1300 worldwide.
- A Reality School concept used in several educational programmes.
Facts and Figures
|Type of degree programme||Bachelor of Fashion Technology|
Official name: Fashion Technology
|Teaching and Examination Regulations||Teaching and Examaniation Regulations 2013 - 2014 AMFI - Amsterdam Fashion Institute|